Thursday, August 16, 2012

3/8/12 Library Fun, ET Returns, Spring Soccer Sign-Ups





By all accounts, the Raise-the-Roof evening at the Hanover Arts & Activities Center was a huge success! Money was raised to help with much needed repairs, and shoes were worn out from dancing. I do have to mention Sara Holloway who headed the decoration committee. Who knew that a construction-themed party would be so cool?

Our best wishes are with Dave Klisz this weekend as he participates in the Outer Banks’ “Graveyard 100K Race” this weekend. That’s right; that’s not a typo. We are continually amazed at how far his feet will take him!

Happy birthday to two March babies: Tamra Bardwell and Tracy Brown! We hope that they both got lots of presents and birthday cake.

On Thursday, March 8th, the Ashland Library will be celebrating Dr. Seuss' birthday with a special story time. The event is at 6 p.m., open to kids of all ages, and will feature guest readers from Henry Clay & Gandy Elementary Schools. Come dressed as your favorite Seuss character!

Send your teenager to the Ashland Library the very next day, Friday, March 9th, for YouTube Video Sharing at 6:00 p.m. Share your favorite YouTube videos and find more from your friends. Pizza provided by the Friends of the Ashland Library.

There’s a fun, free movie this Saturday night at the Ashland Firehouse Theater! “ET” will be shown at 7:30 and, as always, admission is free. Popcorn and snacks are available.

We think its fun that there will be a “Center of the Universe Brewing Company” opening soon. They picked a great name, and I will be sure to think of them when I need interesting Christmas presents this year.

The soccer fields at Poor Farm Park will be open soon, and I highly recommend signing your child up for the Ashland Youth Soccer League. Registration is available online at www.aysl.org.

By the time you read this, I think the weather will have warmed up. I have to say that this winter greatly disappointed me and I am moving on. Spring is my new focus, and my garden is calling my name. Stop by the Ashland Feed Store for wonderful cool crops to plant now in your garden. The earlier you put in peas, the sweeter they will be.

Call or email me with your Ashland news: 310-5320, ashlandnews@gmail.com. Enjoy your weekend!



No comments:

It's a shame we didn't get any snow this winter...

Especially since we're building this new town ski lodge.  I mean, I guess it could potentially bring in tourism dollars, if we ...